Saturday 4 May 2013

Leona Lewis





Last night, my mum and I went to see Leona Lewis in Sheffield - she is one of my idols, since childhood, and even though I wouldn't particularly listen to her music now, I still had to go and see her. The night before I went, my boyfriend said to me apparently she is wearing a crazy red coat. I instantly thought, that sounds awesome. And in fact it was. She came on stage in the darkness and when the lights and curtains drew up, she was standing in a long dress (not coat) in bright red with a slit up her leg; it was beautiful, as were her 3 other outfits she changed into during the show! The second was also quite extravagant - simple black trousers matched with a long sleeved black crop top, with a white half a collar. The white detail added the extra effect, and this was my favourite look. Thirdly was a long, elegant, flowing bright pink dress - not my favourite, purely because bright pink chiffon isn't a personal 'wow factor'. And finally, to my surprise, she came back out for the encore in a plain black jumpsuit and over it was a black cape with a sequin lining.
This came to my surprise, and almost horror, because my original idea (now changed) for my prom outfit, this Summer, was to have a plain black dress with a cape over it. Also, earlier that day I had been trailing through Vogue's most recent pictures on the internet, and on the catwalk was exactly what i had in mind - a black chiffon cape, secured by a large ribbon bow. Now, I wanted to change my mind immediately and have the cape as I realised it wasn't just a crazy idea of mine, but now other people were showing it was becoming a trend! However, as I already have my new outfit, I decided to stick with this.
Overall the concert was really good. Unfortunately all of my pictures aren't of very good quality - only taken on my phone. But another thing I really liked was the back drop scenery - the shapes and 3D effect gave an edge to the show and her music.

No comments:

Post a Comment